Friday, August 12, 2011

The Photos I've Been Taking

This is my first FULL week back since being away for almost all of July and it's been a packed schedule.

On Saturday I was hired to do my first photo booth. If you've never seen this latest photo booth trend you probably will soon. It's popular at proms, weddings, and parties and how it is done can vary. Sometimes it's a rentable photo booth that instantly prints out 4 consecutive photos just like you might have seen at the mall. Or sometimes it's a little studio area with props and costumes. That's what it was like at this 18th birthday party that I photographed. Here I am with my lovely assistant and BFF.
Then throughout the week there were lots of other fun photo shoots, but I can't share them yet until the magazine is published in October. Can you imagine trying to do seasonal shoots for October in 105 degree weather!? That's how it works though. I am always shooting 2 months in advance so that they have time to do layout, print, and have the issues arrive at your house by the first of the month.

Yesterday the only pictures I took were of Z's firetruck bed. It's funny how last summer I did a post about how much he has grown up and I posted this photo of his new toddler bed
and less than a year later he upgraded to our adult guest bed and now that is where he sleeps every night (until he joins us in our bed). We got the fire truck bed from Craig's List for $50 and today I sold it on Craig's List for $60. I was a little bummed though because I posted it with bedding for $75 and the buyer offered $60 then later I had someone else inquire and I guess I could have sold it for full price. Oh well, live and learn. I am still happy to have made a anything off of it.

Speaking of my little boy growing up, his 4th birthday is 3 weeks away and I've got a Veggie Tales party to plan. My friend came over to do crafts last night, but we ended up just hanging out and eating homemade bread. Next time though we are going to get serious and I am going to make a Bob tomato pinata. Today I started working on the invitations which I am super excited about.

More to come!

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Photo booths are fun! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your pics for the magazine & seeing Z's party pics! I'm sure you'll do a great job with it!!

Mels said...

Ahhh! That hair out of place just drives me crazy!:) LOVE the invitation idea so far.