Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Teachable Parenting





Day 1: Introduction (scroll down to read)
Day 14: CHOICES
 Day 28: Power of Words
Day 31: Be There



Welcome to 31 Days of Teachable Parenting.

The purpose of this series is to share with others, and review for myself, what I am LEARNING about letting go of the controlling mother role and embracing a new mindset as a parent. I put LEARNING in all caps because I am no expert, but I will be quoting some. The three books that I will be highlighting throughout the next 30 days are:

Love and Logic by Jim Fay and Charles Fay Ph.D
and Wild Things by Stephen James and David S. Thomas

These 3 parenting books have absolutely revolutionized the way I interact with my children. Over the next 30 days I plan to take this opportunity to share my thoughts and notes with you, as well as my husband who hasn’t had a chance to read all the way through the books. I hope you’ll join along and by all means leave a comment and let me know that you’ve stopped by. I will definitely come and say hello on your blog if you have one.

Tomorrow I will have my index page and outline all mapped out so that you can see exactly what is in store for the messymom.com this month. I will also answer any questions to the best of my ability. As hard as it may be, I look forward to stretching myself in the areas of patience and grace over the next 30 days. It’s sure to be a rewarding season.

3 comments:

TracyL26 said...

Looking forward to this series and forwarded it to my husband :). We love Love and Logic and try to implement it (but often fall short). Look forward to reading the other 2 you recommend :)

thenwedanced said...

I'm glad I found you. This looks so interesting. I will pin your series and come back to this when I have more time to read.
Side note - a friend recommend I read 'Wild Things' for raising sons. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it. - A follow 31 Dayer

Katie Olthoff said...

OOh! I need to read this series! I just read Parenting without Power Struggles by Susan Stiffelman. If you haven't read it, I'd highly recommend it!