Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baby's Birth Day Trivia

Here is are a few random tidbits from the day Sedona was born that I would like to remember. Some interesting coinscedences that were well documented on the internet ahead of time.

1. A week before Sedona was born I wrote this on the blog post titled 38 weeks

"Z was born at 39 weeks, so in about a week we'll know if this pregnancy is shorter or longer than the last"

Turns out this pregnancy was shorter, but only by an hour and 12 minutes. Strangely enough Z was due September 9th, born on the 4th at 1:52 am, and Sedona was due March 9th, born March 4th at 12:40 am. That means they were both born at 39 weeks +1 day + an hour or two.

2. This also means that they are 2 1/2 years apart or EXACTLY 30 months! So they were born on complete opposite ends of the year. Here I am at 30 weeks with Z

and here is 30 weeks with Sedona

Both photos were here in Texas. I wonder what other ways they will be opposite.

3. In August I took a poll on this blog for what day the baby would be born on and I said March 4th. I gave the same answer when my mom did her own poll on Facebook. My friend Tracy also guessed that date, so we were both right, unfortunately there are no prizes.

4. Last year I shared 25 random things about me on here and facebook. Random fact # 3 was that I sleep indian style at night (or criss cross applesauce as they call it these days.) and #19 was that I bathe more than I shower. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised then that the short time I was in labor I was in the bath tub sitting indian style. I would do a little push up to lift myself off the floor of the tub with each contraction. I would have never predicted that I would labor this way, but when I look back at #3 and #19 it just makes sense.

5. Back in September I wrote a post titled "Pam and I are both pregnant" and talked about the excitement of sharing such a milestone with a beloved character from the NBC show The Office. So even though The Office isn't real (unlike Lost) it is still fun that after making a big deal about the whole thing we both had girls and we both had our babies on March 4th! Okay, okay, fine. I had a baby on March 4th, the episode where Jim and Pam had a baby aired on March 4th.


Noticing and remembering little things like that are why I love writing and I like using the internet to document things, and that is why I plan on keeping it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lover hearing all the facts. I am interested in seeing next time on. I guess I'll have to wait. Haha.
Lost isn't real but Framville is. I'm very rich and productive there.
N.L.W.

Brenda Joy said...

you're so fun!!!