Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wacky Weather

We are certainly in transition around here. Not just because of the new baby, but the weather. It is supposed to be the beginning of Spring, but the forecasts have been all over the place.

Here is Sedona on her first Sunday at church. She has her white shoes on with a cute little spring time outfit and the daffodils in our front yard are in full bloom.

This was the following Sunday (this week).

We missed church because I rolled down my windows to get the snow off of them so that I could see while driving, but the back passenger window malfunctioned and wouldn't go back up! I took Sedona out in her car seat, just for a quick photo of "her first snow", which believe me I was not expecting to happen this early in her life since it is after all Springtime in Texas, but you just never know.

Today was lovely. We've had highs of 75 since Monday and I picked a bunch of flowers from the yard and they are now a pleasant looking, and smelling, decoration in my kitchen. Of course as I write this, just a couple hours later, we are in the middle of a huge thunder storm. Z just asked me "what's that?" (about the lights and noises outside) and I said it's thunder and lightening and he responded "Oh, Lightening McQueen?" His whole view of the world revolves around Disney characters.

Easter is already a week and half away. I really hope it warms up enough for Sedona to wear her first dress, but I guess having a plan B, would probably be a good idea.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

A true Texas Spring, huh?! Sweaters one day & short sleeves the next! But, y'all have really had more snow this year than ever before!!

Anonymous said...

daisy has called lightning "lightning mcqueen" too. :)
i remember daisy's first easter (she was about 9 mo's old) i had this sweet little dress picked out for her to wear, and wouldn't you know we had a freak cold snap that weekend. but i was set on her wearing that dress so i put jeans underneath and she wore a thick cardigan. :P