Thursday, March 11, 2010

The First Week

Sedona is a week old tody. So far she has had a couple of firsts, like her first bow shown here

or her first time outside which was this afternoon when we had a picnic in our backyard. She is a really easy going baby so far, sleeps a lot, and she sleeps a lot that's about all there is to report so far, which isn't such a bad thing.

As far as my first week postpartum, it's been easier than it was with Z, but it's still no cake walk. The bumpy road to recovery began with the after pains of the uterus contracting- OUCH!!! On day 3 when that eased up I became severely engorged and was just a miserable mess for about 48 hours. Day 5 I had a low grade fever and was achy all over. Now I am doing much better, but I think my little one must not have had a good latch on the right side because I am pretty sore and want to cuss anytime I feed on that side. My first time out of the house was yesterday when I went to Target to pick up some Lansinoh and my very first nipple shield. Oh what fun!

Z is adjusting fairly well. He loves his baby sister, wants to give her kisses and hold her. It's very sweet, but of course he gets jealous too. Tonight while I was nursing he pretend like he was stuck in a chair and wanted me to help him. Then he came over to me and said "Put baby down. Mama put baby down here" and pointed to the floor. Luckily my mom came in and swept him away for a special treat. I cried though, because I love my little boy so much and never want him to feel replaced.

That's all for now, we have our newborn checkup tomorrow that will be Sedona's first car ride. Our big outings consists of the backyard, a run to Target for nursing supplies, and the pediatricians office. That's life with a newborn.


3 comments:

Amanda Huerta said...

I would love to get our little ones together, sometime. Plus see your little angel in person and visit you too. Please let me know when would be a good time and maybe I could bring you lunch too! Your daughter is just beautiful and I am so excited for you to experience a girl. Lots of love your way:) and a quick recovery.

TracyL26 said...

Ahhh, the nipple guard :) I had no idea that thing would come in so handy when a friend randomly gave me a spare she had before Caleb was born. However, I was so grateful when 6 days into it (with a cracked nipple) Shawn reminded me and I used it off and on till it healed.

Anonymous said...

she's so pretty! i can't wait to see her again. :)
i know about those nursing issues. :( i am ALWAYS SO SORE with each baby the first couple weeks - even with the nipple shield. but the shield does help very much (i still use one with judah!). hopefully you won't have to use your's much longer, though (but if you do, it's a not a big deal).