Thursday, March 4, 2010

SHE'S HERE!!!

I definitely will be posting more details and photos in the future, but I wanted to make a quick announcement. I had my baby last night (well technically this morning) at 12:40 am. Sedona Jean weighed 8 lb 7 oz, was 20.5 in, and as healthy and cute as can be. She latched on pretty much right off the bat and so breast feeding has been easy, other than the postpartum contractions which just make me want to pass out!

Everything about the birth was amazing. The intense labor lasted less than an hour so things progressed very quickly! It was a little scary at times, with plenty of unplanned events (let's just say I didn't wear my birth gown during the birth), but it was everything I could have ever dreamed of and more.

More to come my friends, more to come...

7 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

Congrats girl! I cannot wait to see pics! Those postpartum contractions are the worst! I dread those! Make sure you are massaging your uterus REGULARLY. That will cut down on that pain. You want to massage it until it feels hard (like an orange). This will also keep you from developing an infection.

Becky said...

Yay Yay! Welcome Sedona!

I was JUST thinking about you this afternoon and wondering what your status was. Enjoy! Can't wait to see pics.

Kristina said...

How wonderful!!!!!!!

Michele R said...

Welcome to the world Sedona! And way to go Messy Mom!

nurmisur said...

Congratulations!

TracyL26 said...

Congratulations!!! You did an amazing job! Can't wait to hear all the details :)