Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 2


This week's camping trip was much more primitive than the one that I deemed cushy earlier this month. When I wrote that post about all the amenities my dad's response was "I thought we raised you better". Well, dad you would have been proud of our two little tents set up on the edge of a cliff overlooking lake Travis.


There were no cabins, mirrors, electricity, running water, NOTHIN'. It was gorgeous setting though and I was able to enjoy some nice quiet time on my own in the early morning light at 6:30 am.


Once everyone else was up we went swimming, hiking, kite flying,

and even hung out in a lagoon like setting under a water fall
where I eerily almost stepped on a huge snake.

After we experienced our fill of nature we headed into the city to eat at a trailer park (these set ups are popular there),
followed by some homemade ice cream which was served up by a guy who tossed the scoops over his head to be caught in a cone behind his back, very entertaining, and delicious. Then we dropped our pals off at a concert and J and I went thrifting and Ikeaing. Then we both took in the Mumford and Son's concert bootleg style, meaning we didn't have tickets, but it was outdoors and there were plenty of other people to join on the outskirts.


We left the next day, so other than a few more stops at some indie coffee shops, that is pretty much the whole trip. On the ride back the fatigue and allergies had begun to take their toll. We were going off of little sleep and we all had work to get back too, but that still didn't stop us from reminiscing about the experience we had just shared and our favorite Austin moments. I don't think I will ever forget this little time away, but if I do I can just read this.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that last picture a TX chia pet? LOL.
N.L.W.

{amy} said...

It sounds like a great trip!! I'm glad y'all had a good time! :)

Hannah said...

what an inexpensive super fun trip!