Monday, April 4, 2011

Teething, Weening, and Sleeping.

Big brother giving her a push (the good kind for a change).

It's been a couple months since I have posted an official update about SJ. As you may be able to see in the above photo her front teeth haven't come all the way in yet, so she is still sporting the fangs look. At least she is not at an age where she can feel self conscious. She has had a couple more teeth come in on top recently, bringing us to a current total of 10 teeth! And she uses them a lot because she eats like a horse. The good news is she will eat anything I put in front of her, so it takes no effort for me to get her to eat her vegetables. The bad news is she will also eat anything that I don't put in front of her, like grass, branches, or gnawing on a shoe. The worst case scenario was when she got a hold of a cigarette butt at the park. OH THE HORROR!

Following in her uncle's sound engineering footsteps?

I am still breast feeding her, but that is about to change. I only nurse her once maybe twice a day and she has taken goats milk and organic cows milk in her sippy just fine. I think we are both ready for her to be weened, but I wanted to wait until she was 13 months just because I thought it sounded good, and today is that day.

Lastly, I am ecstatic to report that she is sleeping through the night. It all started about a month ago. She takes excellent naps and goes to sleep on her own just fine. I lay her down, she may whimper for a BRIEF moment, but I leave the room and she goes right to sleep! I have heard of children that go to sleep without putting up a fight, but with what I have been through with my first born I never thought any of my kids would be that way. A cooperative bed/nap routine is everything I DREAMED it would be!

That's what has been going on baby SJ's world for now. Next up, first word? Who knows.

Having fun guitar times with daddy.

3 comments:

Erynne Nicole said...

Cute!!! I like her fangs. Bella was about a year and a half when I weaned her, by that time she was nursing before nap and before bed time and that was it! Good luck ^_^ She is adorable!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay, for sleeping through the night "for real"! i'm so happy for you. :)

{amy} said...

Aw, she's growing up! I'm glad she's sleeping well for you! I think the whole weaning process was harder on me than my babies! I hope it goes well!