Thursday, April 28, 2011

What a Trip



We got back from our Austin visit yesterday and it never fails that I need a vacation to recooperate from my vacation. We had a blast though. It was our first adults only road trip since we've had kids. J's parents watched Z and SJ while we made our way to the "live music capital of the world" with two of our nearest dearest friends. Since I had my hands free of kiddos I was able to take lots of pics, but I won't bore you with them. Oh, who am I kidding? Here is a little play by play of day one.

First stop coffee of course.

Then we hit this cool park to play some bocce ball.

If you've never tried Bocce ball you are missing out.

Then we walked to the bridge were all the bats sleep during the day.

And we waited for them to come out.
And we took pictures while we were waiting.

It was really difficult to see in the dark, but thousands of bats came swarming through the city, and they moved really fast!

We made time for sushi that evening.

And ended the night with one of the cities randomly distributed public pianos.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Looks like fun! Question: what's an "adults only road trip"? That sounds like a foreign language! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics.
N.L.W.