Sunday, May 15, 2011

Looking Up

This week I am feeling so much better and had a wonderful day spending time with my little family before the kids and I head out to Kentucky. Tomorrow is the big travel day. 2 1/2 hours in the air with both kids. It will be interesting to see how they do. I am not really worried about Z. SJ has flown before too, but that was when she was an infant that could take a bottle and sleep in my arms. It's a different story now, but my mom will be with us so hopefully it will all go smoothly. Z is so excited about flying! Each year holidays, conversations, and everyday discoveries become more exciting for him, which make it more exciting for me, and more fun for all of us.

I probably won't be posting too much this week since I will be away, but I am sure I will be adding pics to my Instagram. Instagram is an app that allows you to share little glimpses of your everyday life through snapshots taken on your phone. They have different filters to choose from and of course you can comment and "like" on all your friends photos too. You can also post them on Facebook or Twitter. I only have a few friends that do it, but it's been fun. My profile name is messymom you can look me up if you have an account. Here are the last 4 pictures I have on my Instagram.

Fresh cilantro from our garden, which went straight into my guacamole. YUM!


SJ at the park with for this "little" guy's first birthday.

I titled this one "Life at the zoo"

That's J on the roof of our friends soon to be loft apartment. This has been his primary building project over the past few months.


More to come

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you'll have lots of fun! I'm praying it will be refreshing for you - you deserve it. :)
And I LOVE the "life at the zoo" photo - SO classic mommy-at-home. ;)

Anonymous said...

I know you'll have lots of fun! I'm praying it will be refreshing for you - you deserve it. :)
And I LOVE the "life at the zoo" photo - SO classic mommy-at-home. ;)

Virginia Revoir said...

How exciting! My husband has never flown in an airplane so I can't wait to show him how fun it is and my children some day too.

{amy} said...

I hope your flight went well! Thanks for your sweet words today! I'm just having a down week in general. Maybe if it was any other week, I wouldn't be quite as sad. I don't know!