Monday, May 23, 2011

Peaking At Me Packing

I might be, just slightly, a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to packing. I am not one of those throw some clothes in suit case type, but I am also not the type to bring everything but the kitchen sink either. I actually try everything on that I want to bring and then do little scribble drawings of what makes the cut.


I am just visual like that. I have always done this for every trip as long as I can remember. Some sketches are more elaborate than others, but I was in a hurry this time.

Packing for the two kids adds a whole new dimension to my routine. Here are the top ten thoughts that ran through my head when I packed for this vacation.

1. How can the kids have so many socks that do not have a match?

2. Will butt paste get through TSA?

3. What was the high supposed to be on Thursday?

4. I can get away with only two pairs of shoes. I think.

5. Looks like I need to do some laundry.

6. What is buzz lightyear doing in the underwear drawer?

7. I had no idea this shirt was stained!

8. Man, I really need to do laundry.

9. I don't know if this suitcase is going to zip.

10. Okay, time to do laundry.

Tomorrow I am participating in "What I Wore Wednesday" showing what those drawings looked like when I wore them. Now go check out Oh Amanda for more Top Ten Tuesday.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Fun post! Have a great trip!

Virginia Revoir said...

Oh, that is so neat though that you draw it out like that. I'm a list person and have soooo many lists I keep track of. LOL

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

I am cracking up about the butt paste! I can't wait to see your What I Wore Wednesday post!!

Melanie said...

LOVE your blog! Your design is so beautiful! Good luck on your trip :)

{amy} said...

Ha ha! I make a list sometimes, but I've never drawn it out. I stack everything in the order I plan to wear it, though. I'm looking forward to seeing your drawings come to life tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

you're so funny. :)i don't have another friend like you, and i love that. :D