Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Bounty

Yesterday was my day to be spoiled, to feel pampered, to indulge in the simple little things I never have time for. Yesterday was my birthday. Along with a few birthday gifts from friends I went on a little shopping spree all by myself. If you have ever been a mother of preschoolers you know that the gift of solitude is priceless. And because you know I love participating in Oh Amanda's top 10, here are the 10 things I got for my b-day.

1. Car Wash- I'm not even talking about a nice professional detail, I just mean driving through the thing at Exxon. I never get my car washed and it was something I wanted to do since rain certainly isn't holding me back!

2. A new dress- This entire outfit head to toe was purchased on my birthday and I wore it out last night.

3. Accessories- I finally got some new jewelry. As I mentioned before, I am in desperate need of accessories so this was probably the coolest gift of all.

4. Nice tweezers- Sounds so simple, but I have only ever purchased cheap tweezers and when I used my moms which are nicer it made a huge difference. I finally upgraded and I am glad I did!

5. Love & Respect- Who doesn't want love & Respect for their birthday? Just kidding, I have wanted this book about Christian marriage for a long time and I found a brand new copy at half price books. Score.

6. Eisley CD- I have wanted They Valley ever since going to the Eisley concert a few weeks ago. I am taking in the ear candy even as I write this.

7. A pedicure- I haven't had one of these since I was pregnant with SJ (a year and a half ago). This gift was from the same friend that treated me the last time. What a friend!

8. Birthday songs- My little monster sang happy birthday to me which is the best gift of all, then MP, who was the best man in our wedding and just so happens to be an Opera singer, gave me a birthday card that came with a singing telegram. Lastly, my male nail technician insisted on singing to me at the salon. I've never had such a serenade.*

Hopefully I will have a video of this when it's done uploading in about 10 minutes*

9. Cake pops- I am in love with the Tiramisu cake pops from Starbucks. They also have a birthday cake flavor which I had never tried so I thought yesterday was the perfect opportunity. In lieu of a birthday cake I had a tasty cake pop out on a patio in Deep Ellum listening to live Jazz music. What a way to end the day.


10. Number 10 is a work in progress. I looked everywhere for some Keen socks. I know where to get them, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to drive that far. If I get these socks then that completes the entire Amazon wish list I had concocted a month ago.

This very happy birthday makes for one happy refreshed mama (a 29 year old one).

4 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Happy bday!!!

Wow, that sounds like a fantastic bday!! I love pedicures and I've always wanted to try those thingies from Starbucks. Now I'll have to. :D

Virginia Revoir said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So wonderful!! I love hearing about other mamas, especially me friends, getting treated special - you deserve it! And your outfit looks so great... We honestly and truly need to have another girl's night out very soon (I think that last one was around your last pedicure). :)

{amy} said...

It sounds like such a great birthday!!! & yay for Eisley! :) I want that CD, too! And thanks for making me feel better about crying in front of someone I didn't intend to! ;)