Friday, June 17, 2011

On a Lighter Note

I took a few snapshots of some of the photos from my Zeb scrapbook., and even with as embarrassing as many of them are I am going to give you a peek into my life in the EIGHTIES! For those of you from that generation I am sure you have similar photos, for everyone else just know that these styles were normal at one time.

Anyway,
Here we are in '87. I love this photo. I have always said that we were the originally Little Miss Sunshine, although far less dysfunctional. How about that retro "Jesus Is Coming" license plate? I have written a whole post about the old VW, it was the best.

And here I am sporting the stirrup pants. Tell me you had some.


These frilly dresses were so popular at our church, I think you had to order them from a special catalogue or something. Mine was probably a hand-me-down (my mom can probably clarify this).

This was that trip to Indianapolis that I talked about. On the left we have big bro with the tight rolled jeans, followed by several pairs of flourecent shoe laces, and who knows what I am wearing.

I showed one of these dandelion pictures earlier this week. I just love these photos.
I still love dandelions despite their reputation and here I am holding them again in another photo with Zeb and my older brother.


What was your craziest outfit/accessory from the 80's?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who DIDN'T have stirrup pants??! i had a lot of hand-me-down's too, so a lot of my clothes were from an older teenage girl, so they were oversized and who know's what else. i distinctly remember being about 9 years old and having this big sweater with 4 color blocks with "A B C D" in each block and a photo to go with them. my grandma always bought me clothes from garage sales, too (that's where MY frilly dresses came from) but they were almost always a size too small. :P

{amy} said...

Like, I totally had some hot pink stirrup pants for sure! :) I wore them with an oversized white shirt with hot pink letters all over it, a wide white belt around my waist & the biggest fluorescent pink earrings I've ever seen.

To answer your question, Jana & I met at church nearly 6 years ago. We were in Bible study together & had a mutual friend that invited us to the same crops, which is how we got to know each other better. Now, we live in the same neighborhood & go to their home group. Also, I realize I never responded to you about Chuck & Chelsey. Misty had posted something about it on facebook & sent me the link to their blog. I looked at the time, but I am now following it so I can keep up with how they're doing & remember to pray! I'm so glad that it's low risk, but it's still not a fun thing to go through!

Anonymous said...

That dress was a Mom creation. Several patterns put together and lots of fabric to make a big ruffly bottom.
N.L.W.