Friday, May 28, 2010

Farewell


A couple days ago I had the TV on and there was a commercial for a new show called Loosing It With Jillian. I noticed at the bottom of the screen there was a song credit that said "Seabird Believe Me”.

Double click on the video to see the full screen.
So I call my brother and say “Hey bro, I think I just heard you playing on national primetime television again!” Not something I ever predicted I would be calling my brother about, but I shouldn’t be surprised he is a talented guy. So he confirmed that it was Seabird and that he is also in a music video, but I don’t have cable so I just had to look it up online.


The reason I am writing this post though is to announce that my brother is no longer a part of Seabird. There is no juicy gossip to tell. He wasn’t kicked out and he didn’t leave on bad terms. He just knew it wasn’t his calling. He and his wife gave up everything to move from Atlanta to Cincinnati in order to start up a recording studio and my brother knew from the beginning that life on the road with a rock band was only supposed to be short term. I know it was hard for him to resign from his position, but it was the right thing for him and his family. I told him how proud I was to see him on the stage performing in front of thousands of people all over the world, but I was even prouder that he was able to humbly step down when the time came.

So for now we will still see those little glimpses of stardom when we hear his bass on commercials or Grey’s anatomy reruns or watch him on VH1, but beyond that he is working more behind the scenes at his recording studio and continuing to do what I know him for best, passionately pursuing God.




The top photo is the latest CD and my brother is the one on the right.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

I thought that was them on that commercial! I even told the kids that it sounded like Seabird! I'm sad to not be able to say that I "know" a guy in that band, but I can understand the need to do what's best for the family! Did I ever tell you that Chris was asked to play for 7th Day Slumber back in his Bible school days? We were either about to get married or were newlyweds, & it wasn't good timing! Anyways, I hope the recording studio does well!

Anonymous said...

Natalie you make me cry. I love you kids and that you love each other.
N.L.W.