Monday, May 10, 2010

My My My Updates

I know I have divulged some of the latest obstacles I've been facing including my job being in jeopardy, my debit card being stolen, and potty training. Fortunately there has been some resolve to all of these circumstances and just in time for my trip to Kentucky. Here is where everything stands at this moment.

I had a meeting with my new boss concerning my position with the magazine and to make a long story short I do still have a job with them and I was able to stick up for myself and tell them exactly what my expectations are. So even though I have had to deal with a lot more drama and office politics than I ever would care to deal with things ended on a good note, this is assuming that they follow through with our agreement and I have some reservations about this considering our history. All I can do is hope for the best and just know that God is in control.

As for the debit card, it is kind of a hassle to get everything credited back, but I have filed a report with the bank and hopefully this will all be over soon. For those of you asking how they got the numbers, I am not actually sure how it all works, but there are some skillful crooks out there that can get numbers to credit cards and create there own. It happened to someone I know with a card that they had never even used.

Last, but definitely not least we have been in the potty training stage for 2 weeks now and the end is near. Z is basically accident free now with the exception of poop. He can hold it if he has to pee and he has complete control including nap time and bed time, but he rarely poops in the toilet. Yesterday he went a full 24 hours without any accidents, but then went #2 right next to the toilet and that is the second time he has done that. I have heard a lot of other people talk about that being the big struggle and I honestly thought Z would be fine with pooping on the toilet because he has done it dozens of times since he was 8 months old, usually when dealing with constipation. Anyway, I am not even pushing the issue right now because I just want to enjoy this trip to Kentucky and we can worry about fine tuning the whole potty thing when we get back.

With that said, SJ takes her first trip in airplane tomorrow and it will be my first trip with two kids. My mom will be with me, but I still wouldn't mind any prayers directed our way. Hope everyone has a great week. I better go finish packing.

3 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

WHAT?! Wow! You have a NEWBORN, and you've potty trained your SON in 2 weeks? Seriously, that is awesome. And I'm only the teensy bit jealous. :) We're going on about 4 weeks, and while Annalyn is doing great, we haven't even started working on night-time.

Seriously. You and Z are rock stars!

Becky said...

Whew, good luck on your trip tomorrow. I will say a prayer that it goes smoothly. I bet the baby will do great.

I remember the #2 situation taking a while to get sorted out, but it does happen. You're right not to make it a big deal. I tried to cultivate a "let it be" approach!

{amy} said...

I hope your flight went well! I'm so glad that your My My Mys are working out! Congrats on the potty training! It sounds like Z is doing well! I think it's good that you're not stressing out about it. He'll get it!