Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flying

Greetings from Kentucky. The first half of our trip has flown by. Speaking of flying, this last flight was pretty uneventful compared to the time I got peed on or the the time I did a horrible job lying about Z's age. There was one awkward moment while waiting to board our plane. I had Z in one of those harness child leash things while we were walking around attempting to get all the wiggles out before he had to sit still for 2 hours. Then he suddenly decided he wanted to crawl on all fours. There is enough of a stigma that comes with the child leash without the attached child actually mimicking a dog. It's cool though, we made it to our destination and for the record Z went potty at the airport in Dallas and Cincinnati. 2 weeks ago all odds were against him staying dry throughout the trip, but he is peeing on the toilet %100 of the time now. On the other hand he is still pooping in his pull ups %100 of the time. I know we'll get there though and thanks for all of your encouragement.

One more word on "flying" when we arrived I went up stairs to get settled in and there was a big black bird in my dad's office. It scared me to death because of my history with birds flying into my head. I told my dad, who decided to sick the dog on it, but when that didn't work (he said it has worked in the past) he pulled out a gun and shot it. Yes he shot the bird in the house. It's an old house that needs a lot of work, and so I guess he feels like there's nothing to loose. Yeah, you can't make this stuff up. It's a small Kentucky town, but we stay entertained ya know?

Next up: the weekend with my brothas.




After reading over some of the post that I linked back to I found a multitude of typos. Isn't it funny how you can't see them while you write them? You can proof read and spell check all you want, but go back a year later and all the poor punctuation and misspelled words stick out like a sore thumb. It's too complicated and kind of pointless to go back and correct the old posts now. Anyway, thanks for putting up with all my typos you guys!

2 comments:

Daddy-O said...

Just to clarify. It was a BB-Gun. We are not THAT backward. :-)

Zion said...

Are you sure it wasn't a one of the big rifles from your gun collection dad?

Just kidding, he is a good republican, but I am pretty sure that he doesn't own any REAL guns, or does he?