Monday, October 26, 2009

Half Way There

Can you believe October is almost over. I guess I better do my monthly maternity update. For starters, in case there is anyone that didn't catch it in my last post, we did find out that we are having a GIRL! My mom was in town and got to be at the sonogram when we found out. The next day we made pink cupcakes and brought them to the Wednesday night dinner we have at our church. When it was time for dessert I ripped off the tin foil in front of everyone, and they all reacted with cheers and applause. It was one of those unforgettable life moments.

There were many other milestones that took place this past month. For starters I am at 21 weeks, which means I have crossed the halfway mark. I can feel the baby kick now and J has been able to feel her movements some too. Then last week I started feeling braxton hicks for the first time. I know it doesn't typically happen until the third trimester so it scared me a little, but they are not at all frequent or painful so I should be okay. Hopefully that just means that my body will be really prepared when the time comes. Speaking of getting prepared I have already started nesting. ME, NESTING!? I thought that it typically happened right before the baby came, but I read from several sources that it commonly begins at 5 months. Well, in that case I am right on schedule! I've suddenly had this extreme urge to clean and organize and what's even more bizarre is that I have actually gone through with it. I don’t know if this nesting stage will continue on into the 3rd trimester when my energy level begins to mellow out again, but I will take what I can get.

Last but not least I got to park in a designated expectant mother parking spot at Babies R Us.
Pretty big deal if you ask me. There is more to share and I will be posting all week. Hopefully with some new maternity pictures. For now I’ve got to go load the dish washer, and finish stacking up the boxes for J to take up to the attic, and then sweep the floors, and maybe mop too and…

5 comments:

{amy} said...

They didn't have those designated parking spots when I was pregnant! I'm sure they come in handy, especially when you've got a toddler, too! I can't wait to read more about your pregnancy!

Kathryn said...

You're one week ahead of me, Nat! We find out the "true identity" tomorrow :) I like your pink cupcakes idea...Oh, and try nesting when you're MOVING!! ;)

Michele R said...

I completely agree that Braxton Hicks means your bod is doing well and getting prepared. I was the queen of them: 1st baby at 18 weeks, 2nd at 16 weeks and 3rd baby had them at 14 weeks. Remember that at 28 weeks they happen a lot as the baby drops some.
Thanks for sharing all your exciting news!

Becky said...

Woohoo, a girl! The pink cupcake moment must have been great. Sounds like something from a movie.

And you know, I never DID get to park in one of those pregnant lady spaces. My husband was always like, "Save those for people who are hobbling around," and I'm like, "Look at me!"

Anonymous said...

As you'v been talking with me I've thought "Wow, is she nesting or what."
N.L.W.