Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: YUCK!

What I am about to share is the cruelest, most disgusting thing I have ever done to myself, but at the time I didn't know it. When I was getting ready to start 2nd grade I figured I was pretty much a full grown woman and needed to start doing things that women do. One day in my quest for beauty I raided the bathroom cabinet to find some hairspray to style my hair when I came across a stick of deodorant. I decided it was about time I started wearing deodorant and so I put some on... MY FACE. I didn't know where it went, but that is what made sense to me at the time. When I had it evenly applied all over, I confidently strutted downstairs for breakfast. My mom immediately did a double take and asked me why my face was all white. I told her that I had put on deodorant and she said "Oh dear, we need to talk" Looking back now I don't know whether to laugh or gag. After that I decided womanhood was going to be too complicated and I would just be a girl for as long as I could.

No comments: