Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Back

I haven't written in about a week which is by far the longest hiatus on the messy mom blog. I had planned to keep you posted on my trip to Kentucky and my brother's wedding, but I didn't have the time or the internet access to do so and I just got back late last night. So today I have been trying to catch up on my email, blogs, Face Book, and work assignments. It's hard to believe how much of my life revolves around the internet. I know I am not the only one though. Our church had a camp out the week of Z's surgery which meant I wasn't able to attend. However that night on Face Book I noticed that many of the campers that were there had updated their status. "The stars are so beautiful", "worship was great", "having fun at the church camp out" and I could just picture them all around the campfire with their iphones and I wondered if there was anyone at the church camp out that was NOT online?"

I remember the first time I heard about the internet. My brother and his friends were talking about the world wide web. It was described as a source of information from around the world accessed through your computer. They talked about whether or not any of them have seen or used this "world wide web". At the time I had no clue what the internet really was and all I could picture was some kind of science fiction spider web in outer space. Not long after that we had internet access in our home and I learned that if you patiently waited for the end of the dial tones, buzzes, and beeping you could log on to this internet thing and look up web sites about your favorite band, or write letters to your friends via email.

Remember those days? The internet was simpler, more expensive, and less portable. It really wasn't that long ago, but yet having gone a few days without the internet I wonder how what life was like before. Anyway, I am back now and I do have a lot to share, which I plan on getting all caught up on this week.

No comments: