Monday, November 9, 2009

Anniversary Update

So J and I had our little rendezvous last weekend in Las Colinas. Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but when I do my next thrift store fashion show (maternity edition) I will have to model the dress that I wore Friday night, which I found at a consignment shop for ONE DOLLAR!

Our budget has been stretched to the max between the eye doctor/surgery bills and prenatal payments, but we were truly blessed to be able to get away for the evening. We got a Red Lobster gift card from our pastor for our anniversary, and a friend of ours who is a hotel manager for Staybridge got us a suite for the night, and child care was provided courtesy of the grandparents.

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was watching our wedding video on the nice flat screen in the hotel. What a treat! I am a little embarrassed to say that this was the first time we watched it since I had it converted to DVD for anniversary last year. You just don't realize until you see it first hand how much changes in 9 years. Little babies that are now big kids, single friends that are now married and vice versa, styles that evolve over the years (we couldn't believe how ridiculous we all looked in our CHUNKY shoes. Besides that I see how much I have changed and learned over the past 9 years, which makes me think that this would be a good time to look back at some of those lessons. The traditional vows say "for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health..." and in nine years I feel like I have seen it all except I am still waiting on the richer part, but I am guessing I still have around 60 years to go so there is still time for that.

2 comments:

Daddy-O said...

Ha!

That is your Mother's favorite quote of "Tevye" from "Fiddler on the Roof"...

"Lord who mad the lion and the lamb,
You decreed I should be what I am.
Would it spoil some vast eternal plan?
If I were a wealthy man."

Anonymous said...

amen that's right!
N.L.W.