Thursday, November 19, 2009

Trunk Or Treat

This was Z's 3rd year to dress up on Halloween, and so far every year I have been able to come across some sort of economical costume that just comes together at the last minute. This year after sifting through thrift stores and outlet centers I hadn't found anything and started to get discouraged. Then the week before Halloween I was at Babies R Us of all places where they had costumes %50 off. I wasn't thrilled with the dinosaur costume at first but I was loving the idea of getting it for $10. Then when he tried it on I was completely sold. He looked so stinkin' cute it didn't matter if he was mistaken for everything from a dragon to a frog and most importantly he really had fun in it. Plus he was able to wear it 3 times so I feel like we definitely got our money's worth.

The first trip out in the dinosaur getup was for a photo session at the local pumpkin patch. He was such a ham, posing like a pro and entertaining all the families shopping for their pumpkins.



Then the next time he wore it was October 30th for trick-or-treat on the square, which is a community event. It was packed and by the end Z was exhausted, but overall it was a positive experience. Here he is encountering another dinosaur.

Lastly on October 31 we hopped from one fall festival to another where many churches were hosting a trunk or treat, which is the same as going from door to door except there are a bunch of cars lined up with trunks full of candy. Here is a lot video clip of our first stop.

I feel like I learned a lot as a first timer and have made many mental notes about what I would do differently next year. I am so excited to see my baby boy growing up and to be getting old enough to participate in some of the holiday traditions that childhood memories are made of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the look the 2 dinosaurs seem to be giving each other. Haha.