Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Lost Lingerie

When it comes to marriage being able to keep the romance and laughter alive are two of the most important things you can do for your relationship. It may not seem like these two things go together, but sometimes they do.

For example, our first anniversary I wanted to make things really special! I was a waitress at the time and after work I went out and got some new lingerie, then stopped by the grocery store for some ingredients to make a candle light dinner. After I had everything I needed I rushed back to the apartment to get things ready to surprise J when he got home. So I took a shower and made dinner in my bath robe, because I didn't want to get anything on my outfit while cooking. After everything was nearly ready it was time to get dressed and wait for my groom. The only problem was I didn't realize that J was about to be home. He walked up behind me while I was frantically searching for my latest purchase and he said "looking for these?" while he held up the silky undergarments. My jaw dropped. "Where did you get those?" I asked. Then my jaw dropped even more when he told me that he found them outside the front door. Whoa. I guess in the midst of unlocking the door, and having my hands full I must have tipped over the bag with the lingerie leaving them on the door step to greet my husband, AND anyone else who might walk by.

Although it wasn't the surprise I had planned, it was a surprise none the less.

2 comments:

Michele R said...

That is hilarious and I am sure increased his appetite!
P.S. I haven't worn lingerie in about 20 years. And we're still crazy over each other.

{amy} said...

Oh, how funny! & I love what he said! I've had a romantic-turned-fiasco moment or two...did I ever tell you about the attempt at making & serving him breakfast in bed, while wearing a nightie? Amy + white nightie + knife = blood. Not so good!