Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What's That Spell?

Here are just some of the things that were going on in my messy life during the month of October...

David Crowder Tour- My rock star brother continues on in his journey this time touring with the David Crowder band. They came through Dallas last week, but no need to stay with us. Oh no, this the big time, they've got hotels and tour buses. I swiped this photo of the bus from my brother's face book page.

I didn't get to see it for myself though, because I was working late, but J and a couple of friends got to go to the concert and they had a good time.

Replaced- There have recently been some changes in the company that I do freelance work for and my boss was replaced. I could go on and on about this, but lucky for you I will not be doing any grumbling on this blog, because on the off chance that the wrong person reads it I could end up being "replaced" too, and I need the work.

Almost- The Coffee Shop at the church has been almost to the state of completion for the past month, which has meant crunch time, which also means overtime for J. Some nights Z and I have gone up there while he works just so we could have family time together. It should be over soon though, supposedly they open this week. I will post photos and updates eventually.

Matrimony- I have mentioned that my oldest brother got married, about a month ago. J was a groomsman, I was the photographer, and Z was along for the ride, which included a 3 hour flight to Kentucky and back.

Aftermath- So far the results of Z's strabismus (eye) surgery are very positive. He has had two follow up appointments in the past month and we haven't had to do any more patching. Unfortunately surgery comes at a cost. We thought we paid our dues when we put over $3,000 on a credit card the day of the event, however since then the bills still seem to keep coming in and I am doing my best not to have a nervous break down. Yes we have insurance, but it's pretty pathetic.

So let's see we've got David, Replaced, Almost, Matrimony, Aftermath... what does that spell? DRAMA. Nothing like a good old acrostic to make light of things right? Like I said yesterday, it's not all bad it's just a hectic season in my life lately and that's just the half of it. I am pregnant so I can't drink, take drugs, or ride roller coasters, yet somehow I feel like I've been doing all three (or at least what I think it would feel like). Stayed tuned for more of my dramatic ramblings and feel fee to share your own. Maybe we can make each other feel better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this makes my life seem awfully placid :0
N.L.W.

{amy} said...

I'm playing catch up, because I've had a crazy, busy week. Have I expressed to you how saddened I was to not see Seabird again when they were here in October? :( & I'm so glad that Z's surgery results have been good so far!

Anonymous said...

Nat, we're going to see DCB and your brother (!) next Wednesday in NC!! I had no idea he was touring with Crowder...very cool!
-Kath Flanigan