Monday, November 16, 2009

The Fall

Although Autumn is my favorite season I can't say that I am a big fan of daylight savings time. Sure, you get an extra hour that one day of the year, but this year I forgot about it until the morning of. That means I had already pulled myself together and began to head out the door bright and early when I finally noticed the time on the phone had changed. So instead of an extra hour of sleep I had an hour to kill, and feel gypped. Since then thing still seem a little out of whack. I feel like night is darker than it's ever been. I know this shouldn't make sense, it's just dark earlier, but it feels darker. There are a couple times when l have gotten a phone call when it's dark out and think "who could be calling me at this hour?!" and then I look to see that it's only 7:00 pm.

Although I may not love the earlier sunset, it is a good reminder that we are headed for a new season. The chill in the air takes a while to makes it's way this far south, but it is coming. This week I finally cleared out all the summer clothes and 18 month stuff out of Z's drawers to make way for the 2T winter pj's, pants, and long sleeve shirts. It got cold enough today that I felt like it was appropriate to wear the knee high snowflake socks that I got in a gag gift exchange at a Christmas party last year and I am wearing them right now, hideous as they may be.

Speaking of Christmas party, the holidays are right around the corner. Can you believe Thanksgiving day comes next week? Then it will be Christmas which means fall is almost over. We've had a good run though. This year I attended my first Oktober Fest, Z went trick or treating for the first time, and we even managed to stop by a few pumpkin patches for carmel apples, hot cider, and all that good stuff.

It's been a blast really and so I will be sharing some photos and stories all week. So here's to fall, even if it does include daylight savings time.

1 comment:

Melissa and Erin said...

Did fall actually come? I didn't really notice.