Monday, November 23, 2009

Nashville

Just wanted to check in really quick while I have the chance. We left home last night and drove into Nashville today. We went to some thrift stores and the mall where we saw Reba Mcentire last year. Then we checked into a hotel and all 3 of us took a nap. You know we must be officially on vacation when we all take a nap.

So far I would say the trip is going well. I'll admit I felt on edge (to say the least) last night when J was driving while groggy. I nagged him all the way to Memphis where he finally stopped at a Cracker Barrel at 5:00 am to rest for a while.

Tonight I was the calm one of the two of us when we walked to "The Mellow Mushroom" for pizza, which is about a mile away from where we are staying. We had one of those child leashes for Z and everything, and after all the driving we had done it was nice to stretch our legs. However on the way back Z was being a bit difficult and I was wanting to check out this ice cream place called "Tasti De Light" and J just looked at me and with his jaw clenched tight said "order quick".

Despite having our moments it's been a lot of fun. I am glad to be on vacation and I am really looking forward to the rest of our time away.

2 comments:

Melissa and Erin said...

Kosmic Karma...hands down my favorite pizza. that just made me hungry!

{amy} said...

I hope you're having a great time! I look forward to reading about your trip!! :)