Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Look Back and Laugh: Extra-C

One thing this time of year is well known for is cold and flu attacks. I usually don't even think about it, but with the widespread panic about H1N1 along with seeing constant Facebook status updates of people posting about their illnesses I have tried to be extra careful.

My mother, who lives out of state, had bought me a vitamin drink mix that is supposed to help boost the immune system and wanted to send me some. Her mind went blank in trying to remember the name of the product and she said "I think it has vitamin C in the name. Maybe it was Extra-C or Ecsta-C? I am not sure"

I figured she did not purchase anything called ecstasy for me, and if she did then I think I will have a lot more than the flu to worry about. Come to find out it was Emercen-C that she was talking about.

I still chuckle at the thought of a vitamin supplement called "Ecsta-C". Although it's results seem to be no laughing matter, so far I haven't gotten sick at all this season. This includes helping out in the church nursery, watching my friends 4 kids all last week, and having friends and family that are sick. I have yet to take any kind of medication whatsoever this pregnancy and my goal is to keep it that way. I still have 4 chilly months left to try and combat it, but hopefully I won't have any trouble.

So what do you do during cold and flu season to keep the bugs away? I am always open to hearing new prevention tactics.

1 comment:

Michele R said...

I have everyone wash their hands a lot and I make real food almost every day. Lots of liquids. My Hubs takes the same Emergen-C as in the photo. Sometimes I take a little extra Vit c here and there. We get fresh air. The ecstacee comment is cute. We don't get flu shots of any kind.
Sounds like you're doin great!