Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Enjoy A Nice Cup Of Christmas Music

Remember my "rock star" brother? The one I brag about all the time? The one that I said is known for his passionate pursuit of God? Well, he has a current project that could use your help.

He recently produced and played the upright bass for an EP that includes three worship inspired Christmas songs played by a team of amazing musicians out of the Cincinnati area. Oh Holy Night, The First Noel, and Oh Come All Ye Faithful are available for download at Iron Wing Records. The tunes are a delightful pick me up that will cost you less than a peppermint mocha AND much lower in calories.

All the proceeds will go toward benefiting the worship program at Heritage Fellowship. I grew up at Heritage, and can vouch that this is a church with a heart for the lost that is driven by an atmosphere of worship. In fact, two years ago I blogged about it in a post titled "A World With Music"

"I grew up in an Assembly of God church and music was a big part of the services there. I am not talking about organs and hymnbooks. I am talking about a loud, key pounding, bass booming, dancing, clapping, shouting, revival culture. So that was my very first introduction to music. "

The problem is this same musical church has a sound system and equipment that are sorely outdated. Sometimes a radio station will randomly come in through the speakers during a service! My brother's efforts are all voluntary and every penny will go towards helping revamp some of the equipment, so your donations are tax deductible.

Add to your Christmas collection and help continue the advancement of worship arts today!


1 comment:

{amy} said...

I'll check it out! When I was in high school, we would randomly hear weird stuff through our speakers at church ~ like conversations made on cordless phones nearby & stuff like that. I hope the church is able to raise enough for a new sound system soon!