Monday, December 6, 2010

The Fall In Review


A few months ago I posted the top 10 things I was looking forward to in the fall. Let's see how it went.

1. The Captured Conference for Young Women
It was the first non-youth conference I have ever been to and it was amazing. Some of the highlights were doing the cupid shuffle at the after party and also getting to meet one of my favorite worship artists Jenn Johnson.

2. Scarborough Fair
I didn't do this one. First of all it was a lot more expensive than I thought and second I was WAY too busy.

3. Halloween Costumes
My little Bell from Beauty and the Beast and Woody from Toy Story were a huge hit!


4. Being in a Magazine
The article is written the photos have been taken. I have less than a month before I see the final article in the Waxahachie Now magazine. Yikes!


5. Writing My First Song
I did it! I wrote the lyrics and melody, my friend accompanied me on guitar, and I surprised J at open mic night. You can watch the video here.

6. SJ's Baby Dedication
She wore a very special outfit that some of her cousins were dedicated in. The whole day was beautiful.


7. Speaking at a Women's Meeting
I have done public speaking twice this past season which is not typical at all! God is doing something new and he is breaking down all of my walls to do it.

8. New Old Clothes
The weather has FINALLY been cold enough for me to wear some of fall fashions that I have picked up at the thrift stores. I hit up some stores again today which is why I am getting this post up so late!

9. Our Anniversary
Renewing our vows was a dream come true. It took a lot of planning and preparation along with a few headaches, but I am so glad we did it. I have a slideshow posted here.


10. Thanksgiving
I made eclair dessert this year. Nuff said.

I plan on linking up with Oh Amanda's Top 10 Tuesday if I can finish this before midnight. Sheesh! I've been bust lately.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I'd say you did pretty darn good on your list! I've never been to Scarborough Fair, but I NEED to 'cuz there's a song for it! ;) Congrats on the magazine ~ can't wait to hear that it came out!!