Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Loosing It

We did make it all the way from Texas to Kentucky without any speeding tickets or casualties. However, with the highs and lows of our journey so far you would think we took a roller coaster to get here. I had already written about how frantic I was before we left, but aside from leaving our snacks and getting on the road a few hours behind schedule we made it out the door. We had to stop by the bank and the post office first so before we were even on the highway Z said "Are we almost there? Are we about to be at Memae and Pepae's" I had to laugh because we had covered about 2 of 900 miles. So I gave him the best mommy answer I could think of –

It's going to take a long time to get to Memae and Pepaes. We actually won’t get there until tomorrow, but we are going to go over some railroad tracks (I’m sure we would) and see Christmas lights (more than likely), eat lots of snacks (most definitely) and have fun (at least I hope so).

Fast forward 29 hours. We are at our last stop which was a gas station near my parents house and that is when we found that Z’s glasses were broken and one of lenses was completely missing. I don’t even know how this happened, but he has a serious eye condition and we need to get his prescription and get him some glasses even though the place his glasses are insured at is 900 miles away and everything is going to be shutting down soon for Christmas. Loosing the lens to his glasses was enough stress for me, but on top of that I lost my voice. This only further complicates the whole scenerio with the glasses and all the phone calls that go with it. Right now I sound like a mix between a 90 year old woman on a breathing machine and a 13 year old boy whose voice is changing. I pretty much can't talk at all. Which is no fun since I am here to get caught up with family.

I know I am whining like a little baby. Somebody call the Whaaambulance. There actually are a lot of wonderful fun things happening, but I just had to vent about all the bad stuff to get it out of my system first.


This is a photo J took of me in the snow when we arrived and I could not find Z's lens. It's a horrible photo and he posted it on Facebook with the caption "Snow Angel". Even though I hate this picture I thought I would post it to really show how I was feeling.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Aw! I hope the trip has gotten better!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that sounds TRYING to say the least. when i saw this pic on facebook, i almost commented "why does she look sad?" but i get it now. :/ so sorry, friend!