Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our Humble Light Display

Last year we did not decorate since we were in Kentucky for Christmas and Z was still too little to care. This year I was so excited and anxious to bring out all the holiday decorations and get into that festive spirit. So I finally convinced J to haul down all the Christmas decor from the attic and put up the lights outside. Some people in our neighborhood really go all out and it is beautiful. Our light setup is quite a humble display, but I think it's fun. We have 3 light up penguins (representing the 3 of us) and one of them waves. Z loves the movie Madagascar in which the penguins say "smile and wave boys" so he went to each penguin and quoted that line. Here is a video of Z seeing the lights for the first time.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Pretty! And I love how he just stood there and studied them!

{amy} said...

Oh my goodness! He is just too cute!! Your lights look great! Maybe we'll put some up next year...

Lexi said...

That is so cute! I love how he talked to them "Smile and wave boys!" How adorable :)