Sunday, December 13, 2009

What the fuss is all about



It's been fun sharing our Christmas decorations with all of you. Especially since I don't even know that anyone else will see them. We don't plan on having company anytime soon and with less than two weeks before Christmas it won't be long before all the decorations will come down. So is it worth it? The lights, the trees, and all the little details to only stay up for such a short time? For me it has been. It just brings a different feel to our home all the way around. The night we decorated there was a Muppets Christmas special on TV and when that ended we played Christmas music and enjoyed some hot chocolate and peanut butter popcorn. It's Z's first year to actually participate in the festivities and there is no feeling in the world like watching a child light up at Christmas time.


You think the "magic" of Christmas ends when you hit puberty (or somewhere around the time you can actually sleep Christmas eve because you are not overwhelmed with adrenaline and excitement), but having children gives you the chance to experience it all again from a different perspective.

With that said I am going to enjoy every minute of our Christmas spattered house and leave you with a quote from one of my friends face book updates that just touched my heart.

"You know it's funny what you will do for your kids. I have always hated the multicolored lights but guess what is hanging from my house this year. Kaylee was so surprised and excited. I'm seriously thinking about putting multicolored lights on my tree too just so I can see her get excited again."

No comments: