Friday, December 11, 2009

Penguin Time

I really like penguins and I liked them before The March of the Penguins, Happy Feet, Surf's Up, or any o the other penguin movies made it big. The reason I like penguins is because when J proposed he asked me to be his penguin. So I collect them, but only as Christmas decorations.

I have penguins all over the house right now. I normally don't get into knick-knacks, but at Christmas I say bring it on. In fact one time a friend of mine heard that I liked penguins and she said "Oh, well I will never buy you anything penguin then because I bet people get you cheesy stuff anytime they see something penguin", and sometimes that's true, but I absolutely love it. If you ever find some cheap penguin stuff feel free to send it my way.

Here is just a glimpse at my collection so far...

You've already seen the ones in the yard.

Then there is the kitchen stuff like place mats, towels, and pot holders.

Here are some of the figurenes in Z's room. One was even sent to me from a lady I met in England.

It's hard to see in the photo, but this used to be a musical fountain. Now that it no longer works it just holds candy.

Here is a door hanging we have had since our first year of marriage.


Add to that the throw pillow, stuffed animals, ornaments etc. and you get a collection of 34 penguins. Someday I hope to have over 100 penguin items in my home at Christmas, but I am hoping to get there gradually. There are still plenty of Christmases left to reach that goal.

4 comments:

TracyL26 said...

Good to know :) I'll keep an eye out!

Becky said...

Goodness! You are all penguined up! I think they're really cute, and I've definitely noticed an increase in penguin-themed stuff in the last few years, maybe because of all those movies you named.

{amy} said...

For probably 9 years now, I have thought of you every time I see a penguin! ;)

Zion said...

Amy I think of Elizabeth every time I see ladybugs, even though I know she has outgrown that theme.