Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The To Do List

Here was today's agenda

1. Finish Christmas photo assignments
2. Mail out additional Christmas Cards
3. Wrap gifts
4. Cut Z's Hair
5. Go To Church

Things started out smoothly this morning until I got to item #3 where Martha Stewart somehow took over my body and I decided to go all out on some of the wrapping making individual name tags for each gift.

There were about 15 in all.

Afterwards I realized I was running out of time before we had to be at church and I thought of forgoing #4 (Z's haircut), but is starting to get a little out of control and I can't think of any other time to do it before we see family this weekend. So being more determined than usual I managed to complete the entire list 1-4, before slipping out the door to go to church.

Now imagine, if you dare, my house after making breakfast, doing a craft, making lunch, wrapping presents, cutting Z's hair, getting showered and dressed, but NOT CLEANING UP AFTER ANY OF IT! I understand the concept of clean as you go, but I was so focusing on the GO that I forgot about the clean. I knew I had to beat J home from church and get some stuff straightened out or he would surely think burglers had ransacked and vandalized our home. It was bad, but it's back to being descent again and that is why I am allowed to take this blogging break. Now what was that I said in Monday's post about being energized and upbeat? Ha.

1 comment:

nancy from ky said...

i can imagine you beating J home. But with energy enough to clean, now that's another matter.
N.L.W.