Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Refreshed

The head pastor is away this week and so J is in charge at church! This means a very busy schedule for him and a week at home alone with the kids for me. I have had my fair share of play time lately so I think I can handle it.

Two weeks ago I was able to attend part of the CFNI worship conference and see some of my favorite worship artists Brian and Jenn Johnson. I've got the new album and I am LOVE. ING. IT.

Then last night we went out to use the groupon we got for Christmas and had one of the best dates ever. It was technically just dinner and a movie, but the dinner was at Simply Fondue in Dallas (it's reservation only, so pretty fancy schmancy).

We started with salads, followed by some exotic Mediterranean cheese fondue, then we got to pick 6 different meats along with many other scrumptious sides for the main course. Of course by then we are totally stuffed, but somehow managed to finish it all of with an assortment of desserts to dip in a chocolate Bailey's sauce. It was incredible!

Afterward we saw The King's Speech.

We both gave it two thumbs up which is a marriage miracle for us. We tend to differ in movie reviews, me being the pickier of the the two of us, but I loved this film. It's rated R for language (just a heads up), but I love the actors, the era, I love that it's a true story. I could go on and on. Hopefully it will come out strong this weekend at the Academy Awards.

All that to say, I may have an intense week ahead of me, but I feel blessed, refreshed, and ready to take on whatever comes next.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i love colin firth - glad to know its a movie that the hubby might actually enjoy!!

{amy} said...

I haven't been to a CFNI worship conference in forever! I bet it was great! I'm glad y'all got to enjoy the fondue place. Yummy!! I'll put that movie on my list ~ we'll see how Chris & I rate it! We don't always agree, either!

RYC @ Brooke's blog, I totally understand what you mean about the theme song you used in high school. I was having trouble with that (as I mentioned) and went back & forth over a few different songs! It's the overall message that I wanted to convey, too!

Tracy Ryan said...

Your date night sounds wonderful! Shawn and I actually saw the King's Speech on our last date and much like you two, both of us loved it :) I think we may have to make a trip to the Melting Pot next time ;)