Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Clean Room

I know I probably sound like I pride myself in being messy, but that is actually not the case. One of my new year's resolutions was to tackle the clutter in my house. I assigned a different area for each month and this month was my bedroom. I already shared about cleaning out my closet which has been great. I also cleared all the clutter off of my nightstand. J and I had bought some table lamps at Ikea at our anniversary and they've been sitting in the box because I didn't even have a place for them with all of the junk that was piling up beside my bed. Today I was able to get the lamp out of the box and start using it which I love because I have been reading so much (another resolution I had).



Oh, and since we're on the topic of new year's resolutions, finishing the remodel of the master bedroom was something that was on my list of goals back in 2010. Thankfully J and my dad had pulled it off. It's been a long process, but our room went from this (when we moved in)


to this

It's so rewarding to see it done. I finally had the mirror hung up along with some other wall hangings, like this sign that says "With God all things are possible".

I originally wanted over the master bathroom door frame so that I could see it from our bed, but then I decided it might be a little weird to have that verse over the door before you go to potentially take a dump.

Anyway, I am currently on my laptop in the bedroom enjoying the peace and satisfaction that comes with having a clean room. Now if I can just get it to stay this way then I'll really be onto something!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting there is hard work. Staying there maybe harder. It looks good.
N.L.W.

Anonymous said...

yay! good job! i love it when things get put back in order - it feels SO relaxing. :)

{amy} said...

It looks great! It doesn't even look like the same room! I enjoy my house so much more when it's free of clutter, but it's so hard to KEEP it that way! ;P

Virginia Revoir said...

OMGOsh, I laughed so hard about the sign over the bathroom. If you had put it there. Oh man. I was rolling. That is so funny. I'm thinking about putting one above my bathroom just for fun now.