Monday, February 7, 2011

What To Do With All That Winter

February is typically the coldest month in Dallas Texas. That's why I don't like winter here very much. When I am pumped about drinking hot cocoa and singing Christmas carols in December it ends up being 68 degrees outside. Then there maybe a little bit of new winter wardrobe excitement, but that only lasts so long. By the time I am feeling like winter should be ending and I begin to think about spring it starts getting cold. Not cold enough to snow, but cold enough to feel miserable!

Lucky for me we've had snow the past couple years. And plenty of it. This makes the winter blues so much more bearable. Schools and businesses were shut down almost all week last week. I was able to do some cooking from scratch. Since I couldn't run out to the store I had to use what was on hand. I made crepes for the first time.

I got to read another book too. Z was stuck up north with his grandparents when the bad weather hit so it was the epitome of chill time at our house. When J got the text that he didn't have to go into work on Friday we opened all the blinds had breakfast in bed and soaked up the beautiful white landscape in our back yard while staying warm and cozy under the comforter.

We spent the majority of the day in there so the cleaning I had done earlier really paid off.

Here is a photo of the view from our bedroom windows. I took pictures of it all because the day was so relaxing I am desperate to never forget it.
Have you been snow/iced in recently? How do you pass the time stuck in the cabin?

3 comments:

{amy} said...

Yay for making crepes! I've never made them before. At least y'all got snow! :( We got iced in & just chilled all day, watching tv & playing! I also got a little scrapbooking done!!

RYC ~ I don't remember you every sounding weird & saying "awnt"! I've definitely heard people say "sament", but in the "see-ment" capital of the world, you better not say it that way!! ;)

Rachel Moss said...

I am jealous of your clean bedroom! It looks great.

Lexi said...

Your bedroom is so beautiful! While I was off work and stranded at home for 4 days - which is VERY unheard of, I got a lot of scrap booking done! I am now close to being done with my pregnancy/birth scrapbook. I know I am very slow, considering Calli is 15 months old now, but I still feel accomplished :)

I LOVE the beautiful snow we got on Friday!