Friday, January 28, 2011

Who Would Have Thought Part 2

Yesterday I began a dialogue between my current self and my younger self. I know that this is only possible in bazaar soap operas, sci-fi movies, or schizophrenics, but humor me for a minute. Although, I am glad that we don't know the future, it's been interesting to think about how I would have responded at 16 to what my life is like now. We'll start with a recap from yesterday.

"You are going to be a photographer and you will photograph people for stories in a magazine."



"Well that's neat."


" Oh, and you are going to marry J."


"WHAT!!!?" Teenage self jaw drops.

" I said you will marry J, the one that leads worship at your church"

"I heard what you said, but it's hard to believe. He has plenty of pretty college girls hanging on him and competing for his attention I really don't see how he could want to be with me."

"Well he does. He doesn't care about them, he loves you and you two will be married in a couple years."

"Holy Crap! You can't be serious?"

"I am. You're parents will move to Kentucky and eventually you and J will buy a house."

"Is it my dream house?"

"Well..." Older self starts out reluctant. "It has a lot of the things that you love like wood floors, and lots of big old windows, but it's in pretty rough shape. You won't have all the time and finances that you need to fix it up quickly so it may not be exactly what you dreamed."

"That sucks." Younger self pauses. " But, you said I would be living with J right?"

"That's right."

"Well, then I am sure I will be happy wherever we are. Do we have any kids?"

"Two for now. A boy and a girl"

Teenage self lifts her eyebrows ready to hear more.

Older self continues on "You will take a natural approach to parenting with things like home birth, breast feeding, and cloth diapers."

Teenage self starts to gag. "That sounds disgusting"

"I understand, but you will do lots of research and find out all the benefits. It's really, not that big of a deal. Just trust me on this one." Older self reassures her.


Of course this is way to much information for a young teenager to take in at once. She thinks about her future life, and she begins to process it all out loud. "My parents are moving, J's my husband, and I've got kids? My entire world is completely different."

"Yeah, but you'll have plenty of time to grow into all of it. Oh and one thing never changes."

"What's that?" Teenage self asks.

"Your still messy." And older self begins to laugh. "You even have a blog titled the messy mom!"

"What's a blog?"

"Oh, never mind."


4 comments:

Erynne Nicole said...

Hahahah That's awesome I have had similar thought processes before but never written it out in such a manner! I enjoyed reading this post a lot!

{amy} said...

Ha ha! "What's a blog?"

Eos Mom said...

Awesome! My teenage self would be equally incredulous to hear what life had in store. I should write a post like this. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

My family members every timme say tjat I am killing my time ere at net,
however I know I am getting know-how all
the time by reading thes fastidious articles or reviews.

Also visit my website: house clearance london