Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'll Wash My Hair, My Hands, My Face With...

SNOW. That titled would be from White Christmas for those that are not familiar. It's the song that's been going through my head since we got a couple inches on Sunday. Saturday was gorgeous. My friend and I put the kids in strollers and walked to a coffee shop without even needing to put on a coat.

At Zula's coffee shop on a sunny afternoon.

The next day this was our walkway.


That's Texas weather for ya. I was happy to have been able to make a snowman in Kentucky and I thought would have to hold me over for a year or two. So I was pretty excited when we actually got a second helping of snowfall back home. This was a great opportunity to do our first family activity of the year (part of my new year's resolution).

Our family of snowmen quickly became a local attraction. Snowmen in general are rarely sighted in this region so they are kind of a big deal.


Last year we had lots of snow, but I was very pregnant. The winter was not kind to me and I was not in love with it either. But, this year has made up for it. The weather has been a beautiful and fun blessing.
This was our Kentucky snowman.

We didn't leave the ukulele outside, with the melting snowmen even though it was cute.

The kids have gotten use out of the winter gear they received over Christmas.

This bird was eating a squirrel in the snow at the Library. I think it's a red tailed hawk. Maybe?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've got snow here again in KY. I love your snow family.
N.L.W.

{amy} said...

What a cute family of snowmen! I can't believe how cold these Texas winters have been lately. {Global warming? I think not!} It's cold here, but no snow! :(

RYC ~ it's amazing how fast they grow! Just think, you were a newlywed at the time of that first pic of Cody! Craziness!!