Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who Would Have Thought

I have being thinking a lot about the past and where I am today. First of all I found this.

It's an old notebook we had on hand and I have been letting Z use it for our little at home preschool lessons. One day he got it out and was writing the letter Z when I noticed that there was a little love note t0 J and it was definitely not my handwriting! Now before you all think he's a jerk and start throwing things at your computer this notebook was from around 1995 according to the stuff he has written in there. I didn't even know J then. He had a very serious girlfriend at the time and the message said

"J,
Hey Honey! I wanted to surprise you and make sure you remembered I love you. I never want you to lose sight of that. Baby, you mean so much to me..."

I share this story because it's funny to me now. SURPRISE! I wrote this message in your notebook so that your son you have with your future wife can find it in 16 years and scribble on it. Boy, who would have thought how things would turn out.

Then today I had to revisit my old high school and photograph my former principal. Once again I find myself thinking who would have thought I would be back here in 11 years working with this man as a professional with him following MY instructions.

There are so many things in my life now that I never dreamed would happen. I pictured what my 16 year old reaction would have been if someone would have told me.


My 28 year old self says "You know you'll be back at this school someday for work."




My 16 year old self responds "Oh no. Please don't tell me I will be a teacher. I hate getting up early. I don't want to be in school for the rest of my life. I don't want to be a teacher."

"No, don't worry. You are going to be a photographer and you will photograph people for stories in a magazine."

"Well that's neat."

" Oh, and you are going to marry J."

"WHAT!!!?"


To Be Continued...


1 comment:

{amy} said...

Ha ha ha! How crazy to find that note! & I love the imaginary conversation with your teenage self! I'm sure I'd be a little surprised to have had a little glimpse of the future!