Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Goals

It’s January, 4 2011 and we are home for the first time this year. I am so syched about a fresh new year and a clean slate. That is why I love New Year’s day! I wrote down my official list of goals on the way home from Kenucky last night. I feel strongly led to focus on matters of the home this year.

I want to get back into having family time as well as alone time with my husband and in our family this takes a conscious effort. By the end of the year I hope to have reported 20 fun family activities, and 12 date nights.

I also want to work on dropping the first part of my blog title. I am sure I will always be a little bit messy, but if I could be a little less messy in 2011 that would make me happy.

Another goal for the year is to read. I started reading a ton at the end of this year, but have slacked off over the holidays. My reading goals include, 6 books that I already have in mind, the Old Testament, Second Hand Jesus with J (I read it last year and LOVED it, so now we are reading it together), and I also want to read to my kids daily. It’s a lot of reading, but considering I want to spend more time at home I think it’s totally doable.

Lastly, I want to start working on some at home preschool teaching with Z. I have a couple ideas in mind to start working on his letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. I am not a natural teacher though so this one is a stretch for me. Any ideas and/or resources you know of are welcome!

Although I may start out the year with high and lofty goals I also realize that life happens and good intentions turn into forgotten ideals. I like having something to aspire to and reach for, but I am not going to beat myself up if the year takes me in some other direction. Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I am not ready to go over my 2010 goals. Some of them were accomplished others were half way done, but either way I need to buy some time to bring them to completion and take some pictures to go along with the update. Since I am the boss of this assignment I asked myself for an extension and it was granted. It's a good thing I am such a nice boss.

2 comments:

{amy} said...

Oh yes, it's a good thing you're a nice boss! ;) I think it's good that you've made some goals but aren't going to beat yourself up if things change. I hope you're able to accomplish the family stuff, for sure ~ kids grow up so fast that it's important to enjoy every moment you can! And of course, then it'll be just you & J again, so those dates are important for your relationship! :)

Eos Mom said...

I have similar goals--I'd love to do a fun family activity once a month (so 12 by the end of the year) and get back into reading. Happy New Year!