Monday, January 17, 2011

I Remember When

Last week I shared some of my opinions on an article titled "What Babies of 2011 Will Never Know" and it did get me thinking about how much my childhood will differ from my children. I may only be in my late twenties, but a lot has changed in the past few decades. Here is my list of ten things I can brag about remembering.

I remember when..

  1. you could meet or drop someone off at the gate at the airport.
  2. you had to pay for internet by the minute.
  3. babies and children could ride in the front seat. Being buckled up was optional.
  4. cassettes, particularly Carmen.
  5. manuel projectors were used for worship services (the kind with transparencies that had the words printed or written on them).
  6. having to memorize phone numbers or record them in an address book.
  7. the popular clothing store Express Men was Structure and Express was for women only.
  8. CiCi’s pizza was all you can eat for $2.99
  9. Phones had cords
  10. Staying in touch over long distances took effort. Instead of Social Networks we had long distance phone bills and snail mail at best).
I could sit here all day and tell more of what I remember from the past, but then it wouldn't be part of Oh Amanda's Top Ten. So tell me what do you remember when...?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.seat belts that only went around the lap.
2.black and white only TV.
3.Chalk boards in school.
4.as many kids as you could fit in a car.
5.waiting a week for pictures to come back and see what they even look like.
6.most people not owning a blow drier.
7.paper license.
8.riding in the back of a truck.
9.milk in little glass bottles at school.
10. milk delivered to home.
N.L.W.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I just recently got rid of a couple cassettes I'd been holding onto. I guess I was hoping they'd come back in style?! :)

{amy} said...

Oh my goodness ~ the 2nd 1/2 of #4 made me laugh! I don't miss your mom's #5 at all! Gosh, I wasted so much film in my day!

katie @ Mama the Reader said...

bahahahaha Carmen!

Erynne Nicole said...

Oh my goodness!So many memories brought up by such a list. How funny!

Val said...

I had just graduated college in 1997 and sold cell phones door to door and had to BEG people to buy them!