Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Page 24


The article about me came out this month and I went up to the Now Magazine office to pick up a couple extra copies today. I've worked for this magazine for 5 years and photographed hundreds of subjects, but this was my first time being on the other side of things. The reason I was featured was because one of the community editors contacted me after seeing my work in a photo expo. It's been a fun experience, but the best part about it hands down has been the overwhelming amount of support I have received from my friends and family. I posted a link to the online edition of the article on facebook yesterday and the encouraging comments haven't stopped since.

I had a couple people repost the photo and link including my brother who said "This is my little sis. She's so talented." My mom, my uncle, my best friend, and others have all taken just a moment to say "I am proud of you". Those words in that moment carry more weight than any of them will ever know. Ironically the article is titled "Finding Truth In The Moment".
When I was being interviewed I talked about how I don't like to over-edit things and I tend to take a photojournalistic approach to photographing events to really capture the truth of that moment. When I said that you could see the interviewers light bulb went off as she scribbled down on her notepad and blurted out "Finding truth in the moment. I have my title". One of my favorite parts of the article is where she quotes me saying that I am a bit of a mess when it comes to regular mommy jobs, but I am good at baby books and photo albums. To me that was like a subliminal shout out to this blog.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me for the past eight years of pursuing photography. Every time you say I am proud of you it is like rocket fuel for my dreams.

Another photo taken that day.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

What a great article!

{amy} said...

I'm so proud of you!! I saw it on fb because Hannah has posted it :)