Thursday, January 6, 2011

SJ at 10 Months


SJ with her daddy at a park in Nashville Tennessee


The 9th month was quite eventful for SJ. She had her first Christmas and her first time in the snow.

I was so excited, because when Z was a baby I was given these two 6-9 month winter suits. I have a picture of Z's first time in the snow wearing this navy one when he was 6 months old.



and now I have some photos of SJ in the white one at 9 months.


It was a picture perfect holiday.

Cousins napping on Christmas day.

SJ's latest milestone is standing on her own.

Not the best pic of her "beaming", but it's the only one I have of this latest talent.


She loves to practice balancing on her two feet. She beams with pride when she stands up wobbly before falling over after about 20 seconds.

She gets quite a thrill out of banging her head around too (see video below) and much like her big brother has no shortage of energy. In fact the video camera ran out of batteries before she did!

My only complaint, if you want to call it that is that she loves me soooo much. She absolutely lights up at the sight of me and prefers me over anyone else. It’s a great feeling to be wanted like that, but on the other hand can’t a mother get a break? The past two weeks I was surrounded by family begging to take her off my hands, hold her, and keep her entertained, but she wants nothing to do with them when I'm around. It’s not always that bad, but she is definitely more clingy than Z was and sometimes it does get a little tiring. I am aware though that there will probably come a time when I miss the days she showed such obvious affection.

Only two months before the big birthday celebration and believe me the planning is already underway. The theme is cupcake!

1 comment:

{amy} said...

How cute!! I can't believe how fast she's growing up! Cody was clingy like that! He's still affectionate with me, but obviously he doesn't have to be with me constantly anymore!! ;)