Sunday, March 8, 2015

Febru-arch

Wow! I had no idea just how packed February was going to be (and I'll go ahead and tack on the beginning of March since we are over a week into it, and February is such a short month). 

It's all been good stuff though. Lots of wonderful things took place this past month and I haven't been able to expound on too much of it here on the blog, so I thought I'd give a little summary of what's been happening with my family and then I will stretch out some of the details in other posts later. 

For example, I could probably spend all of this week and next talking about everything that went on at the tea party yesterday, 




but I really don't want to do that to you guys. So we will definitely talk about some of it a little bit this week, but then I'll be doing more tutorials, tips, and ideas throughout the year. In fact, I love parties so much (and so do my readers according to my stats), that I think I'm going to give a little party advice or do a party feature every month

Because somebody's having a birthday every month, even if it's not someone in my family! 

For now let me just say that SJ had an amazing 5th birthday




First thing that morning I gave her a headband I had purchased for 50 cents at a consignment shop the week before. She wore it at school all day and actually got out early due to the weather. When she went outside to play in the snow I told her she had to take it off to wear a winter hat, but she figured out a way to wear it with the hat! She even put it on with her pajamas and I had to remove it in her sleep. 




The next day everyone had the entire day off for snow and we went sledding




 Then the next day she got to be on TV! We both were, and if you follow me on Facebook then you may have seen the clip, otherwise hang tight, because I plan to write all about the big Project Runway event that took place at my daughter's school and I'll share about it later this week. 

Top all of that fun stuff off with the ultimate Tea Party on Saturday.




Cuteness overload!!! 

Speaking of cuteness,  I want to do a future post about the Mother Son Date Knight that I went on with Z. 



We had a fantastic time and everyone said he was best dressed kid all evening.



In Ezie news, I plan to give an update about potty training... or lack there of. 




That's about it, other than that J completed one more month of college. That means 3 months left. THREE MONTHS YOU GUYS! I can't focus on it or I will inevitably double over in tears of joy from the magnitude of what this means for our family. It's really hard for me to wrap my brain around the idea that we are that close to the big breakthrough. It feels like being pregnant. That feeling that- 

Wow, our lives are about to change forever. I don't know exactly what to expect, but I do know that it's going to be exciting, and awesome, and fulfilling. 

I just can't wait to see what the Lord has in store. 

So, all in all it's been a wonderful month and I hope to get to catch up on what everyone else has been up to. I guess it's too late to say here's to a new month, but it's a new week for sure and I'm hoping it's a good one.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun month!! I am so behind on blogs, although being FB friends, I see all your updates! Have a great Monday!!

Wendy said...

Oh what fun. Exhausting, yes, but such a good month. Here too. Thanks for reminding me to make it all a party with my kids. Taking a moment to plan some St. Paddy's fun now - before the weeks slip by and I'm just living vicariously through your celebrations. Love!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

What a wonderful month! Oh my goodness your daughter? Adorable and I love that cupcake party headband! The pic with her friends is priceless! I also love that you make special time with your boy - so cute! Family time sledding too! Busy girl! Yay for 3 months left of school - well done SuperMama!!!

Laynah said...

Ohhh my goodness that tea party is SO darling! What a fun update.

Tara Ulrich said...

Looks like your daughter had a wonderful 5th birthday party. So exciting that J only has 3 months left of school. How exciting and indeed it is going to bring good things for your family. I can feel it. Also ummmm PROJECT RUNWAY! I need to know more. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!

Unknown said...

I love your excitement for life and how you share. It looks like you had a fun month and I can't wait to read about all the fun adventures you mentioned.
This summer my son's birthday is coming and we have birthdays before and after it with friends. It seems overwhelming with all the future parties, but such is life. I guess it is a new adventure. We went so many years with no birthday parties and now as parents we get to start having fun again. :)