Monday, March 2, 2015

Let's Network It Out

There are lots of things going on behind the scenes for MessyMom.com, but it's a secret for now.
One minor change that I did want to make mention of is this little follower widget in my sidebar here.



Most of you know what these bubbles are, but let's talk about why should click on them and connect with me in other realms of the internet.

Facebook-
I just recently launched a Messy Mom Facebook page. I haven't promoted it yet so it's still in the baby stages with very few followers, but I am all over Facebook.  If you leave me a comment with a link to your Facebook page I will follow back!



https://www.facebook.com/themessymom
*Note that it's THE messy mom. Messy mom was taken by someone that has an obsession with the Grateful dead.  

Twitter-
I am new to twitter. I've had an account for years, but just never did much with it. I am learning though and I am posting pretty regularly now, but it's been difficult because I am wordy (surprise) so I don't particularly care for the character limits. On top of that my friends in real life aren't twitter people so I feel very much like a stranger at a party full of friends. I do post on there regularly now though and I will definitely interact if you tag me.
https://twitter.com/themessymom
*again, I am  THE messy mom. You know like THE notorious B.I.G (surely there is a more relevant example than that)

Pinterest-
I use my Pinterest on a regular basis and all the genius creativity that you find on here (that was sarcasm) is usually spawned from what I have been pinning. For example, if you liked the camping party I blogged about you can follow my "Ezie's Camping Party" board to see what inspired me.



There are links to ideas I did use like the hand print campfire or the font and printables that I selected. But there are also ideas that I didn't use, but might work great for you! Anyway, I love me some pinterest. If you are on there feel free to find me at

https://www.pinterest.com/themessymom/
*THE messy mom, because you guessed it, just "messy mom" was taken. Sorry, I had no idea how popular my blog name was. It's a miracle that I own this domain name.

Instagram-



I am really active on instagram. If you have an account and you want to connect through little square pictures then let's do it!

https://instagram.com/messymom/
*On Instagram I am just "messy mom" although now I am wondering if I should change it for continuity sake!

You Tube-
I don't have a ton of content on youtube and what I do have is pretty inconsistent. There's some home movie stuff intermixed with some slideshows and randomness. As I move forward though you will want to follow this channel because I plan to do some Messy Mom movies that will BLOW YOUR MIND. Or they might at least make you smile a little. I would love it if they did. I'll keep you posted on this endeavor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI14BRjVJRLF3Wp2GVLf3ug
*I don't have an official Messy Mom URL yet, but hopefully I will have something more catchy than UCI14BRjVJRLF3Wp2GVLf3ug, although it doesn't have a certain ring to it. 



The last little plug icon is just an ad. I know it's not very professional, but I don't know how to fix it. My whole blog is going to change soon enough that I decided not to worry about it this insignificant detail right now.

 I did want to mention though that I am also on

Google + 
Blog Lovin' 
and
Goodreads 

Basically I am all over the internet like white on rice. I know most of my readers are not bloggers and so this might seem like overkill, but Social Media presence is all part of the program. I just wanted these buttons to have a formal introduction.



They are pleased to meet you!

6 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You are one BUSY MOM these days! Looks great and I think the explanation will only help spread the word and get those followers connected! Great work!

Unknown said...

Yay for a new Facebook page. I followed and am so excited for you as you continue on with blogging. :)

Unknown said...

I am already a stalker ha ha of all your social media sites, but what a great idea to introduce new followers to great and easy ways to connect with you.

{amy} said...

Well apparently I wasn't following you on Twitter or G+, so I fixed that! I'm not super active on either, but I share my IG stuff to Twitter most of the time. My G+ is random and sometimes has stuff I didn't realize was public. I like it, though. I just don't have many friends on it! Looking forward to the super secret stuff! :)

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

How fun! I followed you pretty much everwhere - in the most non-stalkery way!

Unknown said...

This is great! I follow you on Google Plus, but I'm going to follow you on Twitter in just a sec! I'm excited to see what the secret is!!