Thursday, March 12, 2015

Tea Party Part II



Yesterday I shared the tea party decor, but that's not what really makes the party. The party is all about the kids and watching their faces light up as they become royal princesses privileged to have the fanciest of parties! I LOVED seeing them enjoy all of the activities I had worked so hard on. You never know what kids are going to get excited about and they are not shy about telling you one way or the other. So I was prepared for any reaction, but what I got was shear joy! Here is what the afternoon entailed- 

As soon as everyone arrived the girls immediately went back to the "Tea Party Boutique". SJ's older brother made the sign for the door. 



The sad face is because he wasn't invited. He was a trooper though. Oh, and Siri helped him spell boutique. 

There were several beautiful gowns to choose from and a treasure chest full of hats, gloves, pearls, purse and best of all, stick on earrings. 







I'm telling you, it was the cutest thing ever. 

After they were all dolled up they sat down at the table and decorated their own teacups


They each had their own teapot too filled with apple juice. 


Then we tried our first flowering tea which was really interesting. 


You just place the "bulb" in the tea pot and pour hot water over it. 


The flower unfurls into it's own unique blossom right before your eyes.

.


The girls were enamored by it. 


After that it was time for cake! SJ had 5 sparkling daisy candles on top of her cupcake and she grinned the entire time we sang Happy Birthday to her.


During the party I had a slideshow on the TV of familiar characters in birthday or tea party settings.


I figured the kids would get a kick out of it and I was right! 


After cupcakes it was present time and thanks to all the input from you readers I went with Fancy Nancy Tea Party for her special book this year.


 I also found some Fancy Nancy playing cards to go along with it. I knew I was taking a risk on shipping, but I did not wanted to pay for express. I figured if she got her book late it wouldn't be the end of the world, but guess what? The package came right after the party started! I grabbed a box and some tissue paper and threw it on the gift table right then. What a blessing. It was all perfect. 


That was pretty much the end of the party, but the girls went back to the "boutique room" and played with SJ's new presents. 


I came in to discover that the stuffed animals gotten in on the action too! 


 I know I've gone on and on about the party, but it was so much fun for me to plan and throw. I really got to go back to that place of childhood where imaginations are big and the world is full of wonder. I am really happy with how it all turned out.

 Happy 5th Birthday SJ.  



 



12 comments:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

So much Adorable in this post (--in those pictures!) What a great party!!!

TracyL26 said...

I love how much thought and effort you put into your parties! And what is extra neat is I know you pride yourself on doing parties with a budget and you always do an incredible job! Lets us other moms know it is possible to do an amazing party without going into debt :).

Lauren said...

Love this! These girls are adorable!!! You've got me wishing for a little one... or maybe just to be little so I could enjoy it myself. =)

Kailei Pew said...

So adorable! Can't wait to have my little girl and do things like this. You are such a fun mom!

Zion said...

Thanks everyone. I am glad you see the heart in this "craft". I don't want it to look like something that I do to compete or show off. Tracy your comment means the world to me. I want other moms to see that you can have fun on a budget AND in a small space. It's not about your resources, if that were the case this low income family would be sunk!

The Flynnigans said...

Isn't blossoming tea just SO PRETTY?! I first saw it here in Toronto a couple of years ago at the Yoga Conference. They also have rose tea, looks like little rose buds and it is the nicest and prettiest looking tea ever.

I can't say this enough: this tea party was so precious. They all look so intent and looks like they all enjoyed themselves. :)

Unknown said...

So fun! I think I had the most fun at Lucy's Frozen party! I love the tea party idea and all the details!! So much FUN!

Anne Hill said...

this is totally precious! things like this make me so excited i'm having a girl :)

Christine Leeb said...

Just precious! I miss these days of innocent times drinking tea! I really need to have an adult tea party sometime with my girlfriends again!

Your pictures are so precious! What an awesome memory.

Blessings-
Christine

Zion said...

Hanks so much for all the great feedback. Christine I love the idea of having a grown up tea party. The women's ministry at our church did that a few years ago and everyone wore fancy hats. It was so much fun.

Mels said...

I'm just now catching up on these...you can stop now, because this is just too adorable! You certainly out did yourself on this one. The pictures you captured of the girls says it all. SJ is one lucky girl to have you as a mom!

{amy} said...

How fun!! It looks like they all enjoyed it so much! Was the flowering tea any good? I've never heard of it!