Tuesday, June 15, 2010

10 Things I am Looking Forward To This Summer

This is my first time participating in OH AMANDA's Top Ten Tuesday.



It's been a bit stressful here at the messy mom headquarters, but I can keep my chin up because there are plenty of good times on the horizon. These are the top 10 things I am looking forward to this summer.


1. Playing Games with Friends
Last night we played Buzz Word and Scattagories. I love board games and I am looking forward to doing stuff like this more often!

2. The End Of Potty Training
This may be wishful thinking, but it's very realistic that my two year old will be accident free by the end of the summer. He is already wearing big boy underwear and finally started choosing to poop in the toilet.

3. Pale Yellow Bow
I have a friend that makes bows and the latest assignment I had for her was this outfit. When SJ was born in March all of the clothes she had were for spring and summer and it was still too cold, but now I get to pull out all the fun summer dresses and other girlie things for my little baby doll. I am really looking forward to this.


4. Toy Story 3
Next week my parents are flying in from Kentucky and we are going to see Toy Story 3. I am a huge fan of the first two and it will be Z's first theater movie. Woo Hoo!

5. 4th Of July
One of my FAVORITE holidays. Family + Food + Fireworks= FUN. God bless America.

6. Fitting into my clothes again
This time last year I did a "thrift store summer fashion show" on this blog and then RIGHT after that I got pregnant, which is great, but I still have a little work left to do if I want to see those clothes on me again.

7. Wipe Out
Lost is over and Wipe Out is back so our Tuesday nights will be shifting from drama and suspense to a laugh out loud reality show that requires no brain power whatsoever. Looking forward to this guilty pleasure starting June 22nd on ABC.

8. VBS
I won't be helping out at VBS this year, which means that I should be able to thoroughly enjoy it.

9. Community Events
There are lots of free little activities for families going on this summer. Last week we got to see a boaconstrictor, penguin, and all kinds of animals at the Library. Then this Friday night the "summer moonlight movie" is Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. Flint Lock Wood here we come.

10. Blogging about it
Another thing I will be doing this summer is blogging all the way through it and then ending the summer with my two year blogiversary.
Go Bloggers!

5 comments:

ohAmanda said...

Yay! Sounds like a fun summer---I wanna see Toy Story 3, too! My fave!

Thanks so much for linking up today!
a

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Your #8 cracked me up!!

Staci said...

Natalie!! So good to find you! Your blog is so cute!! I'll add you to my reader!

mandi@itscome2this said...

Natalie!! Amanda & Staci told me you were linked up this week. So fun to find you!! Super cute blog:)

{amy} said...

What a great list! I think I need to make a list of some summer goals, too!

{P.S. Did you see my baby girl's post about the wedding? She had fun writing it!}