Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Note To Self

Note To Self: Do not use your birthday month as an excuse to pig out.

Last year was my "golden birthday." I turned 27 on the 27th and to celebrate I ate chocolate everyday for the 27 days leading up to my birthday. Then on my birthday J got me a box of chocolate even though by that time I was all chocolated out!

This year I've just been splurging a little here a little there, but it's slowly escalated up to the point where I was eating cookies for breakfast. I have been telling myself "after your birthday this has got to stop." I am bloated, broken out, and have the overall blah feeling. The problem is because everyone knows how much I love sweets it tends to be a popular gift item which leaves me with a pantry and freezer full of foods that are only going to make me feel worse. Hopefully I can use restraint when it comes to these delectable treats. I would like to thank my dad for the 20 kit kats, my friend Mels for the homemade batch of my all time favorite cookies, and my husband for the frozen yogurt covered in things that would cancel out any chance of having a healthy dessert. It's been a fabulous binge session, but it's time to get serious. My birthday is official over. All I can do now is work hard to reverse the damage that's already been done and hope that maybe next year I can keep the celebratory junk food ritual down to a one day event.

1 comment:

{amy} said...

I should probably be telling all of this to myself ~ especially considering the fact that my birthday month is about to start! Plus, I'll be half-way to 40, so that thought may bring on the desire for chocolate!