Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Messy Mom Swimsuit Edition


A month ago I took on the challenge to find a new swimsuit. I wanted to find something that I felt comfortable wearing after just having a baby and I needed to find it in time for memorial day. Well, thanks to some great leads from facebook friends on where to look and a shopping trip with my mom I can say mission accomplished!

It turns out an overwhelming number of my friends were shopping at Land's End for their swimwear, and now I know why. Although I wouldn't usually think of myself as a "Land's End Girl" they offer the one thing that I've had the hardest time finding and that is swimsuits for real women. The Land's End swimsuits seems to carry a variety of styles to accommodate all different body types and they are DUR-A-BLE. They conceal, tuck, and push up like no other. You will find that they tend to snap into place like a good pair of spanks which makes the price tag worth every penny.

The top I chose is called the Valletta Print Bandeau Twist Tunic Tankini and the bottoms are Valletta Solid Shirred Mini. Together they are $93.00, which was over my budget even with the 30% off sale Sears was having that day. So my mom bought me the suit as an early birthday present and I am so grateful because I know it's one that's going to last.

I am not the only with a new suit though. SJ got her ensemble as baby gifts.



Z's trunks were from a local consignment shop and I used store credit to buy them, so I didn't have to pay a thing. It looks like I got off easy for swimwear this year and just in time for the triple digit weather too. WHOO!

1 comment:

{amy} said...

Cute swimsuit!! I'll definitely have to remember Land's End next time I'm looking for a new one ~ especially if it's such great quality that it'll last awhile!