Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Creatures At The Zoo


Yesterday was half price admission at the Fort Worth zoo and the kids are both free so it made for some economic family fun. The animals were quite entertaining, but in my opinion it was the spectators that were the real spectacle. Here are the different types of human species I observed at the zoo.
Families-
Obviously there are going to be lots of kids at the zoo along with the adults that brought them there. I saw one curly headed drama queen that was so hot she was just certain she was going to die and her parents encouraged her to suck it up. I saw another perky young lady several feet ahead of her family shouting back behind her "Press on troops. We are just a few steps away from the Texas Wild! COME ON! COME ON!" I looked back at what she referred to as the troops including grandparents who looked like they were about to collapse. Then there was one little boy who would rip away from his mom dart down the dirt path, run underneath a rope blockade, not to look at an exhibit, but to check out the m&m vending machine. That one I had to chase after, because he was mine.

Eye Catching Dressers-
There were some Muslim women that were covered head to toe with only the eyes showing. One of them had a baby in a front carrier similar to mine (shown below). Then at the opposite extreme there were woman in bikini tops and teeny tiny shorts. I don't know if they were so hot they couldn't wear normal clothing or if it was mating season and they were trying to attract wild life.

The love birds-
I never knew how high on the charts the zoo would be for the dating scene. I observed many couples walking hand in hand past all the animals. There was one couple in front of us most of the time we were there. The girl had on a sundress and super high wedge heels. She had long blond hair which she wore down of course and everything she saw was SOOOO CUTE.

The Middle age-
This group is in danger of extinction in the zoo world. They are the ones that aren't really a part of the dating scene, their kids are too old for the zoo, but not yet old enough for grand children. People in their 40's and 50's (give or take) are the only ones who are not at the zoo.

Those were my observations. It's not exactly scientific research, but it's the best I could do for one hot summer day. So, what species are you?



2 comments:

{amy} said...

I'm the species going after the m&ms!! ;) I love people-watching, too! I never thought about the different types of people at the zoo, but you're so right!

Rachel Moss said...

I noticed most of these species on our last trip to the FW Zoo, too. The dating couples really suprised me, as well. Guess I've never considered the zoo as a date location.